Your BLA Distribution 8Plus2 Support Program for Humminbird
We take our role as Humminbird’s agent for Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific region very seriously and as such we provide you and your C-tick approved product (Product) with the BLA Distribution 8Plus2 Support Program.
What this means is that the product that you have purchased is covered by a 2 year manufacturer’s Warranty and 8 years of Service, all supported from the Service Centre located at our head office in Australia.
BLA Distribution 8Plus2 Warranty Details
BLA Distribution (BLA) will:
- Within 2 years from the date of purchase, BLA Distribution will (at its discretion) either replace or repair any faulty or defective product at no cost to the consumer or provide a refund of the amount paid for the Product. This may include the use of refurbished units or parts and where the unit has been sold through an authorised Humminbird Stockist the refund will be returned through the point of purchase rather than directly from BLA Distribution to the purchaser.
- Within 2 to 8 years from the date of purchase, BLA Distribution will assist with repairing the Product for a nominated service fee depending on the fault. All fees will be quoted prior to work being performed.
Conditions of BLA Distribution 8Plus2 warranty:
– The consumer will always be required to provide proof of purchase when making a warranty claim.
– BLA Distribution is not liable for any consequential loss in relation to the Product.
– The consumer must bear the costs of returning the Product to BLA Distribution & potentially to Humminbird USA if required by BLA Distribution.
– BLA Distribution is not liable for any costs incurred in the removal or (re)installation of any Product.
– If no fault is found with the Product, then the consumer may be charged a service fee.
– The BLA Distribution 8Plus2 support program covers Humminbird units from the original date of first purchase from an authorised dealer only.
– The BLA Distribution 8Plus2 warranty/service agreement only covers Humminbird units that are marked as being C-Tick Approved. Units marked with the C-Tick are units that were imported by BLA Distribution for sale within Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific Region.
– BLA Distribution will not be held accountable for loss of information or problems arising from software that has been downloaded and installed by the consumer. Any service required to re-install software or re-set Humminbird units that have had software incorrectly installed will be carried out at the expense of the consumer after they are provided a quote to perform this service.
– Units that are repaired during the service period (outside of the two year manufacturer’s warranty) will be covered by a 90 day parts and labour warranty.
BLA Distribution will endeavour to complete any service work, whether within or outside of the 2 year manufacturer’s warranty, within 72 hours (during business days) of receipt of the Product at its service centre (Brisbane, Australia). However, if a fix for any issue is not able to be identified within Australia it may be necessary for Humminbird USA to inspect the unit to assess the eligibility for return. BLA Distribution will endeavour to procure such assessment within a reasonable timeframe.
To the extent permitted by the laws of Australia and each of its States and Territories, this warranty is given in exchange for any other rights you may have against BLA Distribution whether at law, in tort, in equity or under statute.